Almaty Marathon is included in the number of qualifying races for participation in the World Marathon Championship
October 14, registration for the Almaty Marathon 2020 is open. Now, participants in the marathon can apply for participation in the World Marathon Championship in age categories.
According to tradition, part of the funds raised from the registration fees of the participants of Almaty Marathon is annually directed to charity.
“Courage to be the first” Corporate Fund has announced charity goals for 2020.
Next year, 5 children’s institutions will be beneficiaries of the Almaty Marathon:
- Public Association of People with Disabilities “Kenes” (Center for Social Adaptation and Labor Rehabilitation) (equipped playground),
- Regional special boarding school for children with intellectual disabilities of Yessik
(construction of a football field),
- Non-governmental educational institution “SOS Children’s village Almaty” (construction of a work-out facility),
- Center for Habilitation “Amaliya” for children with special needs (equipment for sensory integration),
- Family orphanage “Nur” in Talghar (construction of a sports ground).
Public Association of People with Disabilities “Kenes” provides qualified comprehensive assistance to children with cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, chromosomal and other complex diseases. The center helps children develop, become socially oriented in the future. It is also important that the foundations are laid here for the further education of children in specialized schools. The construction of an equipped playground will allow children with such diseases to engage in physical activities.
Today, 193 children study at the Regional special boarding school for children with intellectual disabilities. A football field for students will be built here.
On the territory of the “SOS Children’s village Almaty” a workout facility will be built. Here, in the Children’s village, they try to create a family atmosphere for each child.
For the Amaliya Habilitation Center (habilitation is a process of acquiring still unformed functions and skills, in contrast to rehabilitation, which offers restoration of lost functions) special equipment for sensory integration “Owl’s House” will be purchased. This center helps “special” children to adapt to social life.
In the family orphanage “Nur” in Talghar, “Courage to be the first” Corporate Fund will build a sports playground.
- The main goal of our foundation is to make sport accessible to all. That is why every year after the Almaty Marathon we create a sports infrastructure for children with special needs. In its 8 years of existence, the Almaty Marathon, thanks to runners, have implemented 17 charity projects. In 2019, 26 million KZT was allocated to implement three charity goals. In 2020, it is planned to provide charitable assistance to five children's institutions in the amount of 35 million KZT, - said Saltanat Kazybayeva, executive director of “Courage to be the first” Corporate Fund.
Almaty Marathon - 2020 will be held on April 19. Around 18 000 amateur athletes from around the world are expected to take part in the race.
We will not send useless spam, only information regarding our events